Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hooray!


I got some books from the university library as well as from the town library. I'm so excited! I normally end up buying books, just so I can take my time reading them. When I'm busy with school I don't always have the time to pick up a book I want to read and just immerse myself in it. So pleasure reading gets delegated to school breaks and I end up buying the books I want when I see them. Besides, I believe having your own litle library will promote even more reading by the other family members, and you can always go back to your favorites.


Now, our economic situation is changing a bit. We're trying to save for the baby, and in general we don't have as much discretionary income as we used to. Buying books has become a luxury, as before both my husband and I considered it a necessity.


All that means is that I have refound my old library cards and started taking books out again. I actually love going to the library. I love being surrounded by books and other readers. I love walking around between the stacks and browsing the titles. I just don't like having to give the books back at the end. They become my friends and I hate parting with them. I hate goodbyes.

No comments: